When setting up the Videon Greylock/Sonora encoder, make sure to check your source video and audio as well as the input settings on the device.
- Ensure the source video is turned on and plugged into the Videon device in either the HDMI or SDI in port.
- Check that the output resolution and framerate of your source are supported by the Videon Greylock/Sonora encoder. A list of supported resolutions is found in the Videon Greylock Product Datasheet.
- Ensure that the input source is not HDCP protected. Sources with HDCP protected content, such as a Blu-ray player or DVD player, will not be able to be encoded.
- Ensure that audio is present either embedded in the HDMI/SDI input or via the 3.5mm audio jack
- Ensure that AV Input Type is set to the corresponding audio/video source plugged into the Videon Greylock/Sonora
- If audio is included in the HDMI/SDI input, select HDMI/SDI with Embedded Audio
- If audio is separate from the video input, select HDMI/SDI with 3.5mm Audio
- When in doubt, or if switching between AV input types, select Auto detect
Encoder Tips Pages
|Encoder tips||Tristan Avelis||Aug 03, 2017|
|Multicast streaming tips||Tristan Avelis||Aug 02, 2017|
|File recording tips||Tristan Avelis||Jul 13, 2017|
|RTMP streaming tips||Tristan Avelis||Jul 13, 2017|
|Unicast streaming tips||Tristan Avelis||Jul 10, 2017|
|FTP upload tips||Tristan Avelis||Mar 30, 2017|